Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Karma de los Condores

Karma de los Condores is a new, yet, classic nine pitch route in Quebrada Ishinca. it goes at 5.11plus and has been called the Astroman of Peru. i should have known that i cannot climb Astroman or Karma de los Condores, but we tried anyway.
we climbed the first pitch and half and bailed. my partner got scared, and as i think he climbs stronger than me, i also got scared from the safe location of the pedestal belay. so, we rapped and ate lots of food at base camp. its cool, i am pretty burned out on climbing anyway and this marks the end of my 4 month alpine road trip. i am now shifting to being a tourist and am leaving for Lima tonight. then i go home to the Bay, then Wisconsin, then Utah for October. November will be couch surfing in the Bay Area, then month long Amtrak ride to Denver, Chicago, Wisconsin for Christmas followed by Portland for New Years Eve. then, if i have any money left, back to the Bay to start the part of my life that contributes to society. likley in teaching.
-chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bailing to live another day. I don't know how to get to my hotel when I land. See you Friday dude!